Free download Garden of Exile: Poems by Aleida Rodríguez, Aleida Rodriguez MOBI
CAUTION! If links below aren't work, disable your AdBlock.
Garden of Exile: Poems
|Author:||Aleida Rodríguez, Aleida Rodriguez|
|Rating:||3.9 of 5 stars|
|Original Format:||Paperback, 96 pages|
|Download Formats:||ibooks, pdf, odf, epub, mobi, lit, fb2, azw, tr3|
|Publisher:||October 1st 1999 by Sarabande Books|
|Original Title:||Garden of Exile: Poems|
|Aleida Rodríguez's first full-length collection of poems, Garden of Exile, was selected by Marilyn Hacker as the 1998 winner of the Kathryn A. Morton Prize in Poetry.Garden of Exile reveals a life enriched by layers of language and culture. Rodr‚guez was born in Cuba and emigrated to the Midwest at age nine via Operation Peter Pan. These poems are psalms that celebrate the Aleida Rodríguez's first full-length collection of poems, Garden of Exile, was selected by Marilyn Hacker as the 1998 winner of the Kathryn A. Morton Prize in Poetry.Garden of Exile reveals a life enriched by layers of language and culture. Rodr‚guez was born in Cuba and emigrated to the Midwest at age nine via Operation Peter Pan. These poems are psalms that celebrate the pleasures of experience made palpable through language.
Rodríguez counts her bilingual lexicon as a double blessing: "Earth's language is a continuous current,/ translating the voices of my early trees along the ground./ I can't afford not to listen." In her liminal world, the lyricism of Spanish and English mingle their most gorgeous incarnations: sinsontes, ciruelas, mamoncillos, meringue clouds, and the cluck of coconuts "deliver a lost dictionary of delight."
Rodríguez is a remarkably deft poet: not only is she fluent in two tongues, she articulates the delicate nuances of daily life. Whether speaking of water, flora, or women in love, she refuses to produce the poof of easy lyric like a rabbit from a hat. Though they nod to heady pleasures, these poems keep their wits. Rodríguez remains self-possessed, intelligent, and interesting, even in her most impassioned moments. She reveals perception as the self's real alchemy and, by so doing, makes the world appear right before our very eyes.
Garden of Exile is the fifteenth poetry title to be published by Sarabande Books, a nonprofit literary press headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky. Since the 1996 debut of the press, Sarabande Books titles have received positive review attention from nationally distinguished media including The New York Times Book Review, Publishers Weekly, Kirkus Reviews, American Book Review, Small Press, The Nation, and Library Journal.
Aleida Rodríguez was born on a kitchen table in Havana, Cuba. Her poetry and prose have been published in many literary magazines, textbooks, and anthologies nationwide, including Ploughshares, Prairie Schooner, The Kenyon Review, ZYZZYVA, Southern Poetry Review, and The Progressive, as well as In Short: A Collection of Brief Creative Nonfiction (W.W. Norton, 1996), T
See Also in Uncategorised
- Download online for free Finding a Preschool for Your Child in San Francisco & Marin PDF by Lori Rifkin, Irene Byrne
- Download online for free Directing for Theater: A Personal Approach by Edgardo Bengson De La Cruz PDF
- Download for free Treatment Manual for Anorexia Nervosa, First Edition: A Family-Based Approach FB2 by James E. Lock, W. Stewart Agras, Daniel le Grange, Christopher Dare
- Read online The Lie by Sharman Castillo iBook
- Free online download Daddy, I'm Afraid RTF by James D. Maxon
- Find Richard B. Russell, Jr., Senator From Georgia PDF by Gilbert Courtland Fite
- Download free Talking With the Turners: Conversations With Southern Folk Potters by Charles R. Mack ePub
- Download free Monster Town Fair FB2
- Free online download How I Made the Angels Cry PDF
- Download online for free Everybody Playz Tha Fool PDF