Free Download Into the Storm: Violent Tornadoes, Killer Hurricanes, and Death-defying Adventures in Extreme Weather MOBI
CAUTION! If links below aren't work, disable your AdBlock.
Into the Storm: Violent Tornadoes, Killer Hurricanes, and Death-defying Adventures in Extreme Weather
|Author:||Reed Timmer, Andrew Tilin, Joshua Swanson|
|Rating:||3.8 of 5 stars|
|Original Format:||Audio CD, 0 pages|
|Download Formats:||mobi, azw, epub, fb2, ibooks, odf, pdf, lit, cbr|
|Publisher:||October 20th 2010 by Tantor Media (first published October 1st 2010)|
|Tags:||Adventure Non Fiction Biography Autobiography Science Environment Nature Psychology Biology Ecology|
|Original Title:||Into the Storm: Violent Tornadoes, Killer Hurricanes, and Death-defying Adventures in Extreme Weather|
|Reed Timmer is one of the most successful and most extreme storm chasers in the world. His is a job that requires science and bravado, knowledge and instinct just to survive, never mind excel. It's a job some people would kill for. But most prefer to let Timmer take the risks while they watch from the safety of their homes. Reed Timmer is a star of Storm Chasers, one of the Discovery Channel's top-rated shows.
Into the Storm is Timmer's dramatic account of his extraordinary profession. Each chapter features the story of one of the three-hundred-plus extreme tornadoes, hurricanes, or blizzards that Timmer has intercepted over the last decade-storms that include the killer F5 tornado that struck Moore, Oklahoma, in May 1999, the unprecedented, devastating storm surge of Hurricane Katrina, and the little-studied but enormously powerful storm systems in places like Canada and Argentina, including a recent trip in which Timmer realized he was the only storm chaser in South America and was able to intercept super cells in the most prolific hail-producing region in the world. As a Ph.D. candidate in meteorology, Timmer is after more than just an adrenaline rush-his stories feature fascinating insights into the science of storms and how the data he is collecting will someday save lives. With a firsthand perspective on the storm-chasing community, Timmer also takes listeners inside this world, examining his controversial obsession and the ethical debates it sparks.
Featuring the same you-are-there immediacy that attracts more than 100,000 visitors to Timmer's Web site every month, Into the Storm is one wild-and informative-ride.
See Also in Non Fiction
- Free online download Whales A First Discovery Book DJVU by Gallimard Jeunesse
- Download online for free Always Believe In Yourself And Your Dreams: A Collections Of Poems (Self Help & Recovery) PDF by Patricia Wayant
- Read Losing Everything ePub by David Lozell Martin
- Free Download Before & After: Living & Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery PDF by Susan Maria Leach
- Free download Tora! Tora! Tora! - Pearl Harbor 1941 PDF
- Read online Slim for Life: My Insider Secrets to Simple, Fast, and Lasting Weight Loss PDF
- Free Download Family Romance: A Love Story PDF by John Lanchester
- Download free Understanding Chess Tactics by Martin Weteschnik PDF
- Read online The Book of Trees: Visualizing Branches of Knowledge by Manuel Lima, Ben Shneiderman PDF
- Download online Patas arriba. La escuela del mundo al revés MOBI by Eduardo Galeano