Free Download Philosophical Classics: The Thinking Person's Guide to Great Philosophical Books MOBI
CAUTION! If links below aren't work, disable your AdBlock.
Philosophical Classics: The Thinking Person's Guide to Great Philosophical Books
|Author:||James M. Russell|
|Rating:||5 of 5 stars|
|Original Format:||Hardcover, 256 pages|
|Download Formats:||lit, ibooks, pdf, azw, fb2, epub, odf, mobi, cbt|
|Publisher:||January 1st 2007 by Barnes & Noble|
|Original Title:||Philosophical Classics: The Thinking Person's Guide to Great Philosophical Books|
|Over the centuries, philosophers, novelists, psychologists, and social critics have grappled with complex and often contradictory questions. What is the meaning of life, if it has one? How should we live our lives? What do we really know? Why do we think things are knowable? Are the words we use a world unto themselves, or do they signify something in the “real world”-whatever that is? Is this the best of all possible worlds or must it be remade, and how? Do alternative universes exist?
Philosophical Classics is an incomparable guide to significant works of philosophical thought. Rather than focus exclusively on the most serious, difficult works, it accepts that enlightenment can be found in many places and many guises, some of them quite unexpected. So, in addition to a whirlwind tour of classics by philosophers such as Plato, Descartes, Kant, and Nietzsche, it covers great philosophical novels and poems, as well as books in other disciplines that have generated philosophical ideas, such as psychoanalysis, politics, and more popular genres of writing with a philosophical bent.
Each entry provides a detailed but accessible summary of a given book and its key points, often referring back to earlier philosophical writings, and features a capsule overview “Speed Read” as a bonus. Although written in a brisk, breezy style, Philosophical Classics conveys the essence of each work under discussion.
From Winnie the Pooh to Ludwig Wittgenstein, Ayn Rand to Carl Jung, and Jacques Derrida to Philip K. Dick, this book condenses twenty-five centuries of thought from five continents into a remarkable and indispensable guide.
See Also in Philosophy
- Free Download The Cambridge Introduction to Jacques Derrida (Cambridge Introductions to Literature) by Leslie Hill PDF
- Free download Porphyry's Letter to His Wife Marcella: Concerning the Life of Philosophy and the Ascent to the Gods by Porphyry, Alice Zimmern PDF
- Download free The Mind on Fire: A Faith for the Skeptical and Indifferent PDF
- Download online for free Histoire de la Sexualité 1: La Volonté de Savoir (The History of Sexuality #1) DJVU
- Review Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson MOBI
- Get Reading Philosophy: Games of Stance, Status, and Exclusion RTF
- Download online for free Liquid Fear PDF
- Free Download Die Philosophie Der Geschichte: Vorlesungsmitschrift Heimann (Winter 1830/1831) MOBI
- Free download In a Shade of Blue: Pragmatism and the Politics of Black America by Eddie S. Glaude Jr. iBook
- Free download Queer Theories CHM