Read online We Were There, Too!: Young People in U.S. History PDF by Phillip M. Hoose
CAUTION! If links below aren't work, disable your AdBlock.
We Were There, Too!: Young People in U.S. History
|Author:||Phillip M. Hoose|
|Rating:||4.1 of 5 stars|
|Original Format:||Hardcover, 276 pages|
|Download Formats:||azw, odf, pdf, epub, ibooks, fb2, mobi, lit, cbr|
|Publisher:||August 8th 2001 by Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (first published 1980)|
|Tags:||Non Fiction History Biography|
|Original Title:||We Were There, Too!: Young People in U.S. History|
|"This may be the most exhilarating and revelatory history of our country. It is must reading for today's youth-as well as their elders." Studs Terkel
From the boys who sailed with Columbus to today's young activists, this unique book brings to life the contributions of young people throughout American history. Based on primary sources and including 160 authentic images, this handsome oversized volume highlights the fascinating stories of more than 70 young people from diverse cultures. Young readers will be hooked into history as they meet individuals their own age who were caught up in our country's most dramatic moments-Olaudah Equiano, kidnapped from his village in western Africa and forced into slavery, Anyokah, who helped her father create a written Cherokee language, Johnny Clem, the nine-year-old drummer boy who became a Civil War hero, and Jessica Govea, a teenager who risked joining Cesar Chavez's fight for a better life for farmworkers. Throughout, Philip Hoose's own lively, knowledgeable voice provides a rich historical context-making this not only a great reference-but a great read. The first U.S. history book of this scope to focus on the role young people have played in the making of our country, its compelling stories combine to tell our larger national story, one that prompts Howard Zinn, author of A People's History of the United States, to comment, "This is an extraordinary book-wonderfully readable, inspiring to young and old alike, and unique."
We Were There Too! is a 2001 National Book Award Finalist for Young People's Literature.
See Also in History
- Download The Fight for the Four Freedoms: What Made FDR and the Greatest Generation Truly Great by Harvey J. Kaye MOBI
- Free online download The Arabs: A History by Eugene Rogan PDF
- Review Scotland's Story by Tom Steel FB2
- Download The Country House Garden: A Grand Tour PDF by Gervase Jackson-Stops, James Pipkin
- Review The Strongest Poison by Mark Lane ePub
- Download online for free Balkan Tragedy: Chaos and Dissolution After the Cold War PDF
- Get A Short History of the 20th Century PDF
- Free online download Blood in the Argonne: The "Lost Battalion" of World War I (Campaigns and Commanders #8) PDF by Alan D. Gaff
- Find The Protestant Reformation PDF by Hans J. Hillerbrand
- Read online Lincoln for President: An Unlikely Candidate, an Audacious Strategy, and the Victory No One Saw Coming PDB by Bruce Chadwick